Passing the time sheltering in place can be different for everyone. I know many people who are chomping at the bit to get back out in the world, there are some whose anxiety is through the roof, and those who are perfectly contented staying in. There are so many things we can’t do right now.
These are weird times, and tho I haven’t noticed that much of a difference because when I’m not doing hair I have so much work to do at home, it just feels like one looooong weekend of getting things done! (so far…)
I am trying to use my time wisely. Taking new photos and making new bundles. Recording new tutorials and gathering research on some new blog post ideas. Taking a couple of online classes.
I know that it’s hard being home and not knowing what to do day after day, can put us in a funk, so I want to share a list of positive things you CAN do.
1. Turn OFF the news. It just adds to the anxiety.
2. Schedule a Face Time/Zoom call with Friends and Family.
3. Get fresh air – Open the windows or go for a walk. Take the kids or dog.
4. Drink the good wine.
5. Rotate and water the plants.
6. Play music. Change your playlist, or make a new one.
7. Do some silly dancing. If you have kids, they’ll love it! Got TikTok?
8. Work in the yard. Spring weeds. Ugh
9. Tidy up the house.
10. Wash linens, towels, and throws.
11. Light your cute candle.
12. Diffuse some essential oils, or burn some incense.
13. Wear your fancy perfume.
14. Take naps. Rest is good.
15. Play/Sit outside. Play catch, play corn hole (like us), croquet, shoot baskets, etc.
16. Take some flatlays for your Instagram feed.
17. Shop for some new stock photos for your business! http://creativemarket.com/sunnytangerine
18. Learn something new online.
19. Do a puzzle.
20. 5-10 minutes of simple, full body stretching. Or do some yoga. 🙂
I don’t have kids, but if you check Pinterest for “things to do during quarantine”, you’ll find some pretty inventive ideas!
There are a lot of simple things we CAN do. Motivation follows action and sometimes we just need to start something to get us out of our funk.